Muslim Voice, Islam| muslimvoiceofamerica.com
Islam in Brief
- Islam means submission to the will of God.Islam teaches
belief in only one God, the day of Judgement and
individual accountability for actions.
- Islam greatly values peace. Muslim is the one who follows
Islam. Muslim submit to the will of God
and accept the
Prophet Muhammed (saas) as his last messenger.
- Muslim believe that Muhammed was a prophet and the last in
a series of messengers of God,
which include Abraham,
Noah, Moses and jesus.
- The Qur'aan is the holy book of Islam. The Qur'aan
instructs Muslims to respect other faiths and decrees
there is no compulsion in religion.
- Islam's basic teachings are after the worship of God,
respect and care for parents, good neighboring, giving
the needy, poor and orphanage. Any act of goodness will
elevate a Person closer to God.
- Jihad does not mean Holy War Jihad mean to strive against
evil inclinations within oneself, struggle to
quality of life in society and to stop injustice.